Saturday, June 15, 2013

T29 Research Path

Personally, I never really liked the T29 but I suppose that's just me. Either way, DO NOT under any circumstances, skip ahead without researching the 105 mm. You will have a VERY hard time grinding the T32. You should also be coming from the T1 Heavy and M6 with the 90 mm gun researched. Yes, I'm dead serious about this. A 76 mm on the T29 looks silly and ridiculous and you'll be shooting yourself in the foot.

With that said, I'll assume you didn't follow my advice and went ahead and grabbed the T29 without a moment's hesitation.
  1. Gun: 90 mm Gun M3
  2. Engine: GMC Allison V1710-E32
  3. Tracks: T84E3
  4. Gun: 105 mm Gun T5E1
  5. Turret T136
  6. Engine: Continental AV-1790-3
  7. Radio: SCR 528
  8. Tank: T32

I've tried to load as much as I can with the stock tracks. Everything after (minus the Continental engine) requires the tracks. Why did I leave the final engine to the end? There's only a 40 horsepower difference so it's not that crucial. Getting the 105 mm should be your top priority but mobility is also something worth thinking about. The GMC engine will help but if you don't want it, then skip it and go straight for the tracks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment