Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Now I noticed that I hadn't made a post in quite a while and mostly this is because I was trying to avoid angry people who seem extremely offended the moment they see a Christmas tree or when they hear the name Santa Claus. Right, before I start explaining what I'm talking about, I should probably mention that I don't have a religion. Most people would classify me as atheist but personally, it really doesn't matter to me very much. I never cared a lot about finding a religion for myself. Mostly because I was brought up in a family that didn't have a religion. That's not to say I'm not interested at all, it's just I can't seem to believe in something that I'm not so sure exists.

Let's use Christianity for example. I have many friends who are Christian and occasionally, I would ask them questions about it. It's pretty interesting to hear their tales but it makes me wonder, is there real hard evidence that God exists? Is he really sitting up there in the clouds controlling everything that happens? If so, then how come I've never seen him before? These are usually one of the many questions that pop into my head when it comes down to religion. Religion is not a bad thing don't get me wrong please. But I'm the type of person that tends to rely on evidence and facts to support a belief.

This brings me onto the next topic; political correctness. People need to figure out that there are other religions out there on this planet. It's very understandable that you have great respect for your religion and hold it in very high regard. I applaud it in fact. But if it's to the point where you have to start a war or ruin other people's days, then I'm not so sure if that's what you really want. What kind of religion out there would promote violence or hatred against other religions? It wouldn't make a lot of sense right? Then how is it that here in Canada, saying "Merry Christmas" sounds more like I'm swearing now? I have no problem with saying Happy Holidays and I very much respect your religion. I simply can't wrap my head around how we have to tear down trees on our shopping malls and completely eliminate that holiday mood.

Onto a more happier note (and not wanting to start some sort of hatred war with anyone as I am a peaceful person), happy new year! It's the last day of 2012 and I'm sure the Australians are already enjoying 2013. Don't worry about the world coming to an end, it's already tomorrow in Australia!

Here's hoping that I'll get more time to write in this blog and with any luck, maybe I'll get more views everyday. In the meantime, I'm quite content with just writing out my thoughts with few readers. Who knows? Maybe I'll become famous through this blog (I really doubt it).


So as the last post of 2012 for this blog, I wish everyone a safe and happy new year. May the odds be ever in your favour. Cheers!

I should probably say that I'm not trying to offend anyone here. Merely I can't seem to understand other people's actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment