Monday, December 10, 2012

A leader? Me?

So tonight saw the first time I had to lead a team in clan wars. In case you were wondering, I've never lead an entire team before but I have lead squads (i.e. meaning I was tasked with holding a certain flank with a few other tanks).

So as you may have guessed, I was pretty nervous. Ok, maybe you didn't guessed that but let me tell you a little background story. Tonight, we had to fight on two different areas at the same time and quite often, we don't have enough people to field one full team. So I was lucky to be able to get 10 people (maximum team size is 15). This is pretty decent but at the same time, there were two of our fellas who didn't have tier 10 tanks and I needed more of those. Never mind that.

Now as for artillery. World of Tanks is very dependent on using artillery especially if you are fielding a weak team. In the event that you and your chaps are outnumbered, artillery might just be a life saver. So how come I didn't pick the biggest artillery piece lying around? (That's the T92 mind you and we had one of those.) I needed an artillery piece that could reload fast but also aim fast. I was really betting on the tanks to do most of the damage while the artillery was meant to soften up any hard to handle opposition.

In short, we won. I was lucky that they only had six guys and they didn't seem quite bent on trying to push us.




I also want to thank my team for not dying. They did a superb job of staying alive and following my orders. Although now that I've had a chance to lead a battle on a full map, I've noticed a few flaws of World of Tanks. Namely it's difficult trying to figure out who is who for those all the way outside your view range.

For those of you who have a World of Tanks client, here is the replay for you to examine.
http://mwreplays.com/replay/A4AY8CM5933G/
I'll be thinking about converting my replays and uploading them onto YouTube for everyone else who doesn't want to download.

No comments:

Post a Comment