Thursday, August 9, 2012

Why Must I Title My Posts?

I feel like it's been such a long time since I wrote something. Nevertheless I will make an effort to make more posts from now on. Hopefully my procrastination skills won't get the better of me... Lately I've been feeling my English skills have been deteriorating. I'm starting to turn to short sentences. Like this one. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!!?

Either way, I've just finished watching Battleship and I thought I should write a few things down before they leave my head. For those of you who have never heard of Battleship, it's actually a board game in which two players set up their warships and try to strike their opponent's fleet. In the infinite wisdom of Hollywood, they have decided to make a film adaptation to such a game and put a little spin to it; aliens.


I won't spoil the movie for those who haven't watched it but basically aliens decide they need Earth for their purposes and seeing how aliens don't talk human, the most obvious language is violence. A good chunk of the movie is filled with action of big guns firing at each other but there are the occasional parts that make you wonder, "do they ever do that in the military?". 

On a side note, I must admit Rihanna looked a lot better than with her usual make-up. That's not to say that she didn't have any make-up in the movie but instead, she didn't sport her usual "Nicki Minaj" look. Did I exaggerate a bit when I compared her to Nicki Minaj? Well Rihanna certainly did look more "normal" than her usual self. At least that's my opinion. 

Being the overly-obsessive gamer that I am, I began to think about playing a naval battle RTS game. Unfortunately I'm thinking I set the bar too high as the closest that I found was Naval Warfare: Arctic Circle. I know graphics shouldn't be too big of a problem when I go look for games but this one really makes you feel like you're playing a game from the 90's. Just in case I didn't make myself clear, this game was released April 2012. 

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait until 2013 when World of Warships will enter alpha testing. But speaking of which, about a month ago I had received an invitation to closed beta for World of Warplanes and I am ashamed to admit that I suck at flying. Why couldn't they have invented heat-seeking missiles earlier? I'm having such a hard time aiming my bullets at my target. I knew I was bad at planes but this really takes it up a notch. The first kill that I got was because my wing grazed into him and I was fortunate enough that he had very little health left. I crashed shortly after because I flew too low....

But I honestly can't wait for World of Warships. I think I'm going to grind the aircraft carrier line first seeing how it's always fun having dozens of planes flying around you (provided you aren't piloting said planes of course). 

No comments:

Post a Comment